Our commitment to online security
We endeavor to protect the information you provide as much as we possibly can, physical, electronic and managerial procedures are employed to safeguard the security and integrity of personal information.
While every reasonable effort is made to keep your personal information safe and secure we cannot however guarantee that it is 100% secure. All Leaders with access to personal information obtained on Cornwall Scout’s web sites are also bound to adhere to this policy.
Personal Information that Cornwall Scouts may Collect online, including names, postal and e-mail addresses, phone numbers and ages. This includes personal information from children under the age of 18. This information is collected for the purposes of contacting potential new Youth Members and Adult Volunteers as well as dealing with other comments, complaints and enquiries.
How we uses personal information collected online
Unless you otherwise consent, we will use your personal information only for the purpose for which it is submitted, such as to reply to your requests to join or to respond to your comments and questions.
There may be a box where you may indicate if you would like to be on a mailing list to receive information about Cornwall Scouts. At any time you can add or remove your name from a Cornwall Scouts list by contacting us via our Contact Us page or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
How your information may be shared
In order to process a complaint, Cornwall Scouts may send the complaint to the appropriate District Commissioner, County Commissioner or The Scout Association Headquarters as appropriate. Depending on the type of complaint, either Cornwall Scouts or the appropriate designated Commissioner may forward complaints to the individual or section complained about, such forwarded complaints will be kept anonymous.
By submitting a complaint or sending us a request or inquiry, you are allowing us to forward your information to the appropriate Scout Group, District Commissioner, County Commissioner or The Scout Association Headquarters. Such complaints will be forwarded to the appropriate person or persons by email, and users should recognize that this method of transmission may not be secure.
We never sell or rent your personal information.
Cornwall Scouts may also release personal information under the following circumstances:
- Where release is required by law.
- Where we believe a member may be engaged in fraudulent or illegal activity that a governmental agency should be made aware of.
- To appropriate persons, where your communication suggests possible harm to others.
- Where your request does not fall within the remit of the services provided by Cornwall Scouts and we feel that your needs will be better served by another Scout County or section of the Scout Association.
Help us keep your personal information accurate
If your personal information changes or you would like to review the personal information we may have on file, please e-mail us with the new information or your review request at email@example.com. Let us also know what led to your submission of personal information so we may efficiently locate your information.
Computer tracking and cookies
Our Web site is not set up to track, collect or distribute personal information not entered by visitors. Our site logs do generate certain kinds of non-identifying site usage data, such as the number of hits and visits to our sites
The data protection act
You can obtain further information about data protection laws by visiting the Information Commissioner’s website at www.dataprotection.gov.uk.
- Type of user agent (web browser) used, software manufacture and version number.
- Type of operating system
- Screen colors (color processing ability of the users screen)
- Flash version
- Screen resolution
- Network location and IP address
- Can include country, city, state, region, county, or anyother geographic data.
- Bandwidth (internet connection speed)
- Time of visit
- Pages visited
- Time spent on each page of the website
- Referring site statistics
- The website (URI) the user came through in order to arrive at this website (example: clicking on a hyperlink from Yahoo.com that took the user to this website)
- Search engine query used (example: typing in a phrase into a search engine like Google, and clicking on a link from that search engine)
This data is only used to optimize our website for our visitors.
This data DOES NOT include any personalized identification information such as:
- Phone Numbers
- Email Addresses
- Mailing Addresses
- Bank Account Numbers
- Credit Card Information
Revised November 07, 2011