Cornwall County Scouts…
- Surfing Scouts Showcased April 7, 2015 Well done to Stenek Explorers for showcasing Cornwall and the great adventures our young people in Cornwall achieve on The Scout Association’s digital media and Scouting magazine
The Scout Association Blog – Surf’s Up
- Ready for more Adventure? Kernow Jamboree will be back! March 19, 2015 As promised following the Success of Kernow 2013, Kernow 2017 is now well on its way, lots of exciting things are happening and TONS of exciting things are planned! You are receiving this email because you have signed up your interest to Kernow 2017, came to Kernow 2013, or are a member of Scouting and ...
- Compass Update: DBS Procedures whilst Compass is offline February 26, 2015 Compass remains offline offline for urgent maintenance.
For the Latest Updates visit the Compass Update Page on the Scout Association’s Official Compass Pages
Update 24th February: DBS Procedures whilst Compass is offline
The Full Update
A process to enable adults new to Scouting to have a disclosure check completed is now live, ensuring this important process can still take ...
- Kernopoly 2015 – Change of Date February 6, 2015 Kernopoly will now be held on Fri 26th – Sat 27th June
- Programme Refresh January 30, 2015 More Fun. More Choice. More Adventure
For detailed information about the changes, please visit: prepared.scouts.org.uk
Over the last four years The Scout Association asked thousands of members to tell them what they would like to see in an updated Programme – the results came in thick and fast and thanks to this feedback, a programme refresh has been launched ...
- Compass Update 14th January 2015 January 16, 2015 A recent update from the UK Scout Association HQ regarding Compass and Youth Data Upload/Census:
We wanted to update you following our message on 8 January regarding Compass, the membership system for all adult and youth members in Scouting, and provide a more detailed progress report and share our immediate plans to support ...
- Andrew reaches the pinnacle of scouting achievement… November 6, 2014 Andrew Bond, from 1st Camborne Scout Group, has been awarded the highest award in Scouting. After many years of dedication, commitment and hard work Andrew has achieved the Queen’s Scout Award, the ultimate training Award for Scout’s Youth Members.
He joins a minority of Scouts that reach this level of achievement each year having recently received ...
- Compass September 4, 2014 Login or Register: compass.scouts.org.uk
Compass is a free, secure tool from The Scout Association to help you keep track of your Scouting. Researched, developed and tested with members in a range of Scout roles, Compass can perform a powerful set of functions to make Scout admin quicker and easier to manage in one place. The system ...
- Czech out these Explorers on an Adventure! August 25, 2014 The members of the 2014 Explorer Belt Expedition in the Czech Republic are hard at work, hiking, meeting locals and experiencing a once in a life time adventure.
They’ve sent us a quick catch up video to show us how much fun they’re having.
- “Journey to Japan” – Japanese Activity Day July 27, 2014 Celebrate the links between Japan and Britain with Scouts from Cornwall and Devon
28th September 2014
China Fleet Club, Saltash, Cornwall
Through a day of cultural, environmental, social and fitness activities designed by Scouts especially for young people, including Beavers, Cubs, Scouts and Leaders, Join the Journey to Japan 2015 and celebrate:
The first British ship to reach Japan, the ...
- MMS closing to prepare for Compass July 24, 2014 Dear member,
The Scout Association is in the process of transferring all membership records into our new membership system Compass. If you have not heard much about Compass before please do take a look at scouts.org.uk/compass.
In order to complete the transfer of records the current membership system needs to close.
The shutdown is planned for Monday, 28th ...
- Sun, Fun and lots of smiles… July 9, 2014 A Hundred and fifty Beavers from across Cornwall took part in a fun day at the Newquay Treviglas School recently.
The Beavers from all around the County took part in activities including wheel chair basket ball, crazy golf, lazer tag and crafts.
They also had the chance to have a go at archery, bouldering, go ...
- Jambo Water Days July 1, 2014 Come and join the 2015 Jamboree Contingent, Siblyback and SW Lakes Trust for a series of Section Water Activity Days.
8:30 & 13:30 sessions
4hrs of activites and lunch for £21
Beavers Thursday 14th August
Kayaking, Sailing, Rafting, Dragon Boating
Cubs Friday 15th August
Kayaking, Canoeing, Sailing, Paddle Boarding
Scouts Saturday 16th August
Kayaking, Canoeing, Sailinmg, Wake Boarding
Explorers Sunday 17th August
Kayaking, Windsurfing, Sailing, ...
- Unit 21 Contingent Merchandising June 21, 2014 More badges than you can shake a chop stick at!
- Join the Crowd – Funding a new Abseil Tower at Nine Ashes June 2, 2014 This project seeks to raise funds to enable us to erect a scaffold based Abseiling Tower.
The tower will be 8m high and 5m long with an internal staircase to allow ease of access to the launch platform.
The tower will allow 5 people to abseil at the same time.
Abseiling is an exciting activity that Nine Ashes ...
- Explorers – Environment Partnership Award May 21, 2014 The County will be running an Environment Partnership Award course starting in September 2014. For more information about this award please visit http://members.scouts.org.uk/supportresources/2643/environment-partnership-award/
The course will be based in the Camel Estuary “Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty”, and your training will involve meeting some of the partner agencies, community services and businesses based within this area, ...
- paintball2014feedback May 20, 2014 paintball2014feedback
- County Explorers On Target for Paintball Fun May 19, 2014 The inaugural County Paintball Championships took place on Sunday 18th May 2014 at a venue near Penzance. The sun shone, there were loads of smiles and everyone got shot!
Over 60 Explorers took part and with Teams coming from all over the County. Team ‘Toxic Sausage’, made up of 5 Explorers from 18th Truro Unit ...
- Compass is Coming April 2, 2014 All systems are go in the County – Our Compass Champion will be visiting all the districts over the next month to inform them of their first steps to the transfer to the new system.
Going live is not booked till November 2014 so there is plenty of time,
For more information follow link, take a look ...
- Investiture in Aisle 3 March 31, 2014 Penzance-Madron Beaver Scouts recently visited the Tesco Store in Penzance.
On a night that definitely wasn’t the normally weekly shop, the beavers visit saw them taking to the shop floor to investigate what fair trade products were on offer. As part of Fair trade fortnight the Beavers spent the night seeing what fair trade delights the ...
- Clothing and Textile Fundraiser March 31, 2014 Clothing and Textile Fundraiser
- Stamp Fundraiser March 31, 2014 Stamp Fundraiser
- Jamboree Dinner & Dance March 31, 2014 Jamboree Dinner & Dance
- International Opportunity – Interrail – Summer 2015 March 28, 2014 Interrail Summer 2015
The County are currently planning a Jamboree on Trains for next year. This is a very simple concept that we hope will be great fun and an amazing adventure. The plan is to take a number of Patrols of Cornish Explorer Scouts on an Inter Rail Expedition around Europe for two weeks in August ...
- County Training Manager March 13, 2014 Applications are now open for the role of County Training Manager
Applications/Interest/Questions to be directed to:
County Commissioner Cornwall Scouts
- ACC International March 13, 2014 Applications are now open for the role of ACC International
Applications/Interest/Questions to be directed to:
- Regional Development Officer February 27, 2014 Applications Close 18 April 2014
- Explorer Belt on the Airwaves February 17, 2014 A number of Explorers, Networkers and Leaders involved in the forthcoming Explorer Belt Expedition to the Czech Republic graced the airwaves of Radio Cornwall this weekend to give the presenter Tracey Wilson and the people of Cornwall a glimpse into the adventure they’ll be undertaking.
The team feature between 2:24:00 & 2:35:00
The show will be available ...
- Seaweed soup for breakfast and chopstick Jenga – it must be Jamboree training camp! February 1, 2014 Scouts and Explorer Scouts from across Devon and Cornwall met for their first Jamboree training weekend, spirits were high with everyone looking forward to their first chance to meet their new travelling companions, for an adventure on the other side of the world.
The contingent Leaders planned a full weekend covering a wide variety of training ...
- Coast 2 Coast & Beaver Challenge 2014 January 20, 2014 On behalf of Mid Cornwall District, it gives me great pleasure to invite you to take part in Mid Cornwall’s Coast 2 Coast and Beaver challenges. Please make sure you read all the paperwork
carefully, and remember to book early as numbers are limited for both the events. Early bookings also carry a large discount (for ...
- Project Coordinator January 18, 2014 Working with the Regional Development Service, DCC Development, Cornwall Development Task force, Relevant District Commissioner and the rest of the District team the Project Co-ordinator will help to provide strategic and hands on leadership within the project group to enable recruitment of Adults and young people to sustain growth of groups and sections.
Closing Date: 31st ...
- Your chance to take to the sky… December 17, 2013 Interested in flying small aircraft, creating model planes and understanding the principles of flight? This could be for you…
Interested? Contact – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Selection Weekend – Video and Photos December 16, 2013
Cornwall WSJ 2015 Flickr Photostream
- Selection Weekend – Lost Property December 16, 2013 Light Blue Highland Trail Trekker 300 Sleeping Bag.
Black Regatta Waterproof Trousers, size S.
Blue Plastic Bowl.
Pair of Aluminium Mess Tins & Plastic Box.
YLG Cold Gear Black & White Body Armour.
Pair Black ‘Black Knight’ Boots.
Pink & White Drinks Bottle.
Email email@example.com to claim.
- What an inspiring Weekend!! December 11, 2013 It’s impossible not to be moved and impressed by the amazing young people who Scout in Cornwall. Despite a very cold, and on occasions wet weekend, they just kept going for the whole weekend. I don’t think I saw a single grumpy face as they tried their hardest to secure one of the 18 full ...
- Jamboree Selection Underway! December 7, 2013 As the sun came up over Siblyback reservoir this morning, an intrepid band of leaders stood ready for the 96 Jamboree hopefuls. As they arrived through the mist it was soon clear we were all in for a great weekend with lots of smiling faces despite the early hour. Tents were pitched and ...
- Jamboree Selection Weekend is Here December 6, 2013 Just a few hours and we’ll be on site getting things in place for what should be a great weekend.
Parents – please make sure you email any questions you may have, so that we can try & be ready with complete answers. Also on Friday morning, at about 11.00am, we have to erect a 60′ ...
- Jamboree Signup Now Closed November 19, 2013 Sign up for the Jamboree selection weekend has now closed.
The closing date for registration for Selection Weekend information doesn’t seem to have got to everyone. Whilst we have therefore extended the Registration Date to 27 November, all Selection Weekend Paperwork (Forms in duplicate, Cheque & Passport style photo) must still be returned by 30 ...
- Camels, Marmots and a massive Mountain – India 2013 November 11, 2013 On July 27 me and 13 other explorer scouts and 2 leaders from East Cornwall headed of for India on the trip of a life time!
After two years of training and preparation, when the time had come to actually set off, emotions were running high with anticipation and absolute excitement!
We all waved goodbye to our ...
- Czech Republic – The Planning Team Go On A Reccy November 10, 2013 The leadership of next year’s Explorer Belt expedition to the Czech Republic have been hard at work, planning and carrying out a visit to the region. For a taste of what’s in store for the Explorers and Networkers taking part, take a look at the video they’ve produced.
- Cornwall Unit – Selection Weekend November 4, 2013 Sorry, signup is now closed
Good Luck everyone attending the Selection weekend!
Please note this will be the only selection opportunity & participants will therefore only be selected from those that attend this weekend in full.
Remember the Jamboree is open to Scouts/Explorers born between 28th July 1997 and 27th July 2001
Keep up to date with Cornwall’s Japan ...
- 1st St. Elvan joins the Adventure October 29, 2013 1st St Elvan Scout group has opened, providing a Scouting provision for over 50 young people in the area of Sithney and Nancegollan.
This grant funded project was so successful that all three sections, Beavers, Cubs and Scouts have been started to meet demand for Scouting in Cornwall. It is one of five new groups that ...
- WSJ 2015 – An Epic Scouting Adventure October 19, 2013 Konnichiwa!
We are honoured to have been selected as the two Leaders for the Cornish half of the combined Devon & Cornwall Unit that will be going to the 23rd World Scout Jamboree in Japan in 2015.
So who are ‘We’?
Ian Bartlett – the Leader in charge of the Watersports Activities at Kernow 2013.
Jon Arnold – ASL for ...
- Scout Winter Camp 2013 October 19, 2013 Another weekend jam-packed full of activities for 300 Scouts from all over Cornwall. The weather was considerably wetter than previous years but all the Scouts (and most of the leaders) took it in their stride and got on with the important job of having fun.
The range of activities meant there was something for everyone and ...
- Scouting for all in Cornwall October 7, 2013 You might have heard that Scouting is changing. For the first time, we’re offering an additional alternative Promise that will allow those who have no faith to promise to do their best, to uphold our Scout values and to do their duty to the Queen.
But what does that mean to Scouting here in Cornwall?
Put simply, ...
- Gold Standard for 10 Cornish Scouts… September 29, 2013
On 25 September 2013, 10 Scouts from across the county headed up to London to celebrate their fantastic efforts in achieving their Gold Duke of Edinburgh awards.
Pictured above, from left to right are Jordan Richards, Stephen More, Nicholas Carr, Ann-Marie Cherry, Samuel Daffern outside St James’ Palace after receiving their awards from HRH Prince Edward.
The DofE ...
- A mad month… September 15, 2013 On the 13 July, 76 excited Explorers and Scout Network and Leaders from across the South West convened at Heathrow for what was going to be the trip of a life time.
With loaded packs the Young People from Cornwall, Devon, Somerset, Dorset, Wiltshire, Avon and Gloucestershire came together for the start of what was to ...
- Social Media August 19, 2013 You can now share content from the Cornwall Scout site directly onto your favourite social media platforms.
Look out for the social media icons on pages, posts, events and announcments.
Some advice from the Scout Association on keeping safe on Socail Media websites
- New Term – New Training Opportunities August 12, 2013 There are lots of training opportunities coming up this term, take a look at the County Diary pages for more details and to sign up.
- Wow what a week! August 4, 2013 Kernow 2013, a week full of adventure, new friendships and exciting activities. As if that wasn’t enough, Saturday 3rd August saw a visit from Chief Scout Bear Grylls with comedian David Walliams!!
After the participants left, members of Team Kernow and the Kernow crew spent a number of days working hard to return the site to ...
- Flying high… July 9, 2013
Recently scouts from across the county took to the skies at Bodmin airfield in a weekend filled with aviation.
For the second year a few lucky scouts got the opportunity to spend the weekend learning about aviation and even getting a chance to fly over the local countryside.
The weekend was not only enjoyed by the ...
- You are all invited… July 9, 2013 You are all invited to attend the County AGM on 17 September 2013. The County commissioner would like to invite you all to attend this year’s Annual General Meeting to be held at St Austell Council offices.
Come along and maybe even get involved. The County executive need your support, join an enthusiastic team and help ...
- Royal Cornwall Show 2013 June 17, 2013 This year was another great year representing Scouting at the Royal Cornwall show.
With visitors from all over the County taking to the show ground in Wadebridge over the 3 days of the show. It is a fantastic opportunity to shout about what we are doing, recruit more adult volunteers and boost the young people in ...
- Room for one more… May 18, 2013 The last 12 months has seen another year of growth, with new groups and new sections across the County.
As well as an increase in youth membership the number of adults supporting Scouting adventure every week has grown. Could the increase in the number of adult volunteers joining Scouts be linked to our newest member, the Duchess ...
- Bushcraft Weekend April 18, 2013 On a weekend beseeched by driving winds and buckets of rain 15 Explorer Scouts from across the County, pitched their wits against the elements, and the mud, to take on two days of Bushcraft challenges.
The Explorers from Camborne, Redruth, Stithians and Mylor headed down to St Just in Roseland for an exciting weekend of Bushcraft.
- Are you short of a Trustee? April 12, 2013 Trustees form a vital part of what we all, from Chair-people, to Committee Members, Secretarys and Treasurers they all play their part in our day to day Scouting.
Do you have a full committee or do you have a few spaces? Have you thought about looking further than your existing parents for support? Someone that works in a local bank ...
- Scouts on the Pole April 11, 2013 Polar training week – Norway.
At 5am on the morning of the 3rd March, 8 Network Scouts from across the South West region met at Heathrow terminal 5, for what was going to be a challenging and gruelling week of training inside the Arctic Circle.
The final 8 scouts, represented the most adventurous and driven scouts from across ...
- The Roseland joins the Scouting Adventure March 11, 2013 ‘Life without adventure is deadly dull’ Baden Powell famously once uttered, when his Scouting movement was still in its infancy. He had a point and faced today with abseiling and archery, drama and street sports, rock climbing and water zorbing; to mention but a few adrenaline-fuelled activities; even the original Chief Scout himself might need ...
- ACC Explorers – A new face… March 11, 2013 Dave Vickery, the newly appointed ACC Explorers, shares his views and plans. See what he has to say below:
“Hi, My name is David Vickery and I am the new ACC for Explorer Scouts in Cornwall. Being new in post I am gradually building up a greater knowledge of the Explorer Section in Cornwall and one ...
- Take a lead in local training… March 4, 2013 The County Training Manager is looking to recruit 2 new Local Training Managers(LTM) to help support training in the Truro and Penwith & IOS Districts
The LTM is responsible for supporting the Training Advisers in their area and helping to provide the learning provision within that area.
For more information take a look at the Role description or contact ...
- County Awards 2013 February 7, 2013 On Sunday 20 January 2013, 93 Scouts, Explorer Scouts and Scout Network members gathered at County Hall in Truro to celebrate their Scouting achievements.
In front of proud parents and leaders, the young people from across Cornwall received various awards from Acting County Commissioner ‐ Kevin Allen, County Chairman ‐ Robert Ellis and Assistant County Commissioner ‐ Tony Garvin ...
- Red Bandits Hit the Ice February 7, 2013 Recently members of the Red Bandits Explorer unit enjoyed a fantastic evening on the ice thanks to the “West Cornwall Youth Trust”.
With the help of Sue Rosevear, the Exlorers headed off to the city centre where they took to the ice for an evening of skating. Having been lucky enough to be awarded a £50 ...
- Top awards for Fay, Jennifer and Kris… January 11, 2013 Fay Mayo, Jennifer Warren and Kris Lethbridge, members of the Penzance/Madron Scout Group, have all gained the ultimate training award for youth members in Scouting, the Queen’s Scout Award.
The outstanding achievement was marked recently with an awards ceremony held in the group’s headquarters in Heamoor, with a presentation of the awards by Colonel Edward Bolitho ...
- Reflect on the revised Fundamentals of Scouting December 3, 2012 Dear colleague,
From tomorrow you are invited to complete an online survey and give your views on the revised Fundamentals of Scouting, as introduced in the October/November and December/January issues of Scouting magazine.
Everyday Scouting is guided by a set of Fundamentals, and these are expressed through the wording of our Promise and Law, plus our activity ...
- Wonderful Winter Camp November 12, 2012 More than 300 Scouts from across Cornwall gathered at the Nine Ashes campsite, near Bodmin, for an action-packed weekend of activities at the annual Winter Camp at the end of October.
It was the first time Devoran Scouts, from near Truro had attended the event, bringing nearly the entire troop of 18 boys and girls. Their ...
- Kernow 2013 – Bookings and Cub Day October 18, 2012 The Booking system is now LIVE for the Kernow 2013 Jamboree, make sure you book your places or sign up for “Staff” roles.
Don’t forget, the Cub and Brownie Activity Day on 31st July 2013 – Loads of fun activities planned including digging for Pirate Gold, taming of mythical beasts and more Piratey craft than you ...
- County Scout Winter Camp 2012 September 12, 2012 Booking forms, NAN and Shooting Permission forms are now online for October’s County Scout Winter Camp.
- Scouts on the Pole August 16, 2012 This is a once in a lifetime and very exciting opportunity for scout network members and young scout leaders. Wez Swain with support from Cornish Scouting is leading the first ever scout expedition to the North Pole!
This expedition will see Scout Leader Wez, along with 3 network Scouts from the South West, guided by 2 ...
- Awarded by the Duke… July 25, 2012
Recently a group of young people took part in a simulated flood exercise in Lostwithiel, which coincided with a visit from the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall. The Prince had visited the traumatised town shortly after the flood in November 2010 and returned to gauge the progress so far.
Scouts, guides and young ...
- Corfu 2012 – Back from their Adventure May 2, 2012
During the Easter break a contingent of Cornish explorer scouts set off from Cornwall for a great adventure on the Greek island of Corfu.
The Explorer Scouts came from all over the County having been through selection and training weekends during the previous year. From an original 40 applicants, 22 explorer scouts aged from 16 to 20 set off ...
- Coast To Coast? “Yes Please” Shout the Scouts! April 30, 2012 Hundreds of scouts from all over the county hiked over 35 miles this weekend all the way from the North coast the South Coast, some even in one day!!
This weekend saw the return of the biggest annual Scouting event in Cornwall, “Coast2Coast”. Scouts and explorer scouts from all over Cornwall took part. Around 400 young ...
- Leader runs the London Marathon April 25, 2012 This year was the first year that Scouting had an official presence at the Virgin London Marathon. 10 leaders took on the challenge to raise funds for local Scouting including Andy Wainwright from Torpoint.
April 22nd 2012 Andy Wainwright formed part of a team of Scout Leaders from across the UK to run and successfully completed the Virgin ...
- Corfu 2012 Starts Cruising April 11, 2012
It has often been said that in Scouting there are no strangers, only friends you have not yet met; we have been fortunate to experience a fine example of this in Greece. Saturday 31st March found 22 Cornish Explorer & Network Scouts on Vidos Island having just finished off a splendid day with a very ...
- Water Safety Management Training April 10, 2012 RLSS Water Safety Management Programme (WSMP) – Devon/Cornwall (Venue tbc)
When: 19/05/2012 to 20/05/2012
The WSMP covers basic water safety, environment-specific water safety and an in-water rescue module. The course covers both theory and practical applications of water safety and rescue.
Courses will be run over two days which will start at 10am and finish at 5pm on ...
- Falmouth Beavers Gain Community Safety Award at District Sleepover March 15, 2012
55 Beavers from across Falmouth and District gathered for the District Sleepover in February, hosted by the 4th Falmouth Scout Group. The packed weekend programme was all about the work of the emergency services, in particular those who give their time as volunteers. The event saw visits from some of Falmouth’s Special Police ...
- Edition 002 – February 2012 February 15, 2012 This is the second edition of our new look Newsletter. Full of recent stories, current information and future events. Why not take a look and let us know what you think?
We’re getting bigger…
The County Commissioners Roundup.
Congratulations – County Award Ceremony
County Patrol Camp
Off on an Adventure…
Training – It’s not just for Leaders
Notices, Events & Info
- The Queens Jubilee Fund February 9, 2012 The Cornwall Community Foundation have recently launched The Queens Jubilee Fund. This Fund is for the support of communities/groups wishing to celebrate The Queens Diamond Jubilee in 2012. The events should honour the 60 year reign of Queen Elizabeth II. The Foundation is looking for applications with requests to contribute towards; event insurance, Marquee Hire, ...
- Fun and Adventure for Sixers and Seconders February 8, 2012
Last weekend over 200 cubs from across the County met at Nine Ashes scout activity centre, near Bodmin to enjoy a day of activities, games and crafts.
Over the two days cubs, from all over Cornwall enjoyed a variety of adventurous activities, including climbing, archery, orienteering and pedal karting. The sixers and seconders, who are normally ...
- Scouts Practice Traditional Skills… February 1, 2012 Last weekend over 70 scouts from across Cornwall gathered at Nine Ashes scout activity centre, near
Bodmin to practice their traditional Scouting skills and learn some new ones.
The weekend saw the scouts camping under canvas in patrols, a group of 6 young people. They spent their time chopping fire wood, cooking on open fires, making camp gadgets ...
- Scouting Returns to Indian Queens after 10 years January 26, 2012 1st Enoder scout group has opened providing a scouting provision for over 50 young people in Indian Queens.
This grant funded project was so successful that all three sections, beavers, cubs and scouts have been started to meet growing demand for Scouting in Cornwall. In the coming months the young people will be taking part in fun activities such ...
- The Duchess of Cambridge joins the Scouts January 5, 2012 HRH The Duchess of Cambridge has become Scouting’s newest volunteer and will help at local cub packs and beaver colonies, Clarence House has announced.
The Duchess, who joins 66,000 girls and 40,000 female leaders in Scouting, will help out at groups close to where she lives. Her Royal Highness also hopes to help with activities in ...
- Trust for Scouting – Songbook December 20, 2011
The eagerly awaited Campfire Songbook is now available. Created to uphold the tradition of Campfire singing whist raising funds to help Cornish Scouts.
Full of songs, chants, recipes and useful tips, it is the ideal companion on any Scout Camp! To order copies please download the attached flyer and complete the form at the bottom of ...
- Happy Christmas December 14, 2011 A message from the County Team…
A message from the Chief Scout…
A message from The Scout Association…
- A Seasonal Message from the Chief Scout December 13, 2011
- Scouting Opportunities – County Scout Network Commissioner December 12, 2011 County Scout Network Commissioner
The functions of the appointment are to:
assist the County Commissioner with the running of the Section, including the personal support and encouragement of County and District Scout Network Leaders;
visit Scout Network meetings and provide technical advice on their operations;
promote the work of the County Scout Network Conference;
arrange for the organisation of County ...
- Could you help to grow Scouting in Cornwall? November 15, 2011 Cornwall County Scout Council are looking for a self employed project co-ordinator to help open new Scout Groups in Cornwall.
This is an exciting opportunity to work alongside the County existing volunteer development team and the Regional Development Service.
Please see the role description and application form below.
Applications must be received by 5pm on Sunday 27th November ...
- Edition 001 – November 2011 November 11, 2011 This is the first edition of our new look Newsletter. With some new features along side the old favourites; it’s on brand, fresh and hopefully full of relevant and interesting information you will want to read! Why not take a look and let us know what you think?
Our NEW look.
The County Commissioners Roundup.
Development – ...
- Looking for International Adventure in 2012? November 11, 2011 Link to County Calendar for the Event: 18th July – 28th July 2012
Then look no further!
Roverway is a joint Scout and Guide event for 16 – 22 year olds from all over the world taking place in Finland in 2012.
The event consists of two elements: Path & Camp.
Paths are special adventures taking place somewhere in ...
- Small Organisations and Community Groups November 9, 2011 The People’s Postcode Trust is open for applications for grant applications. The trust offers grants both over and under £2,000. Projects applied for in this round must be run between January and June 2012.
The deadline for applications is 11 November 2011.
For more information, click here.
- Cash Machine Donation System November 9, 2011 Independent ATM operator Bank Machine is inviting UK charities to apply to benefit from its cash machine donation system which is due to launch next year. Bank Machine operates over 3,500 cash machines and the donations option will go live during April 2012.
Applications must be made before the end of November 2011.
For more information, click ...
- Community Fund November 9, 2011 The Co-operative Membership Community Fund is a grants scheme which helps local communities throughout the UK. Between £100 and £2,000 is available for positive work in the community.
For more information, click here.
- Disadvantaged People November 9, 2011 The Lloyds TSB Foundation for England and Wales celebrates its 25th anniversary this year, and has £25m to give to charities that help disadvantaged people to play a fuller role in the community. There is no deadline stated.
For more information, click here.
- Big Lottery Funding November 9, 2011 The Big Lottery Fund (BIG) has announced an extra £50 million of extra funding to support the voluntary and community sector deal with funding cuts. The extra funding will be made available through the existing Reaching Communities and Awards for All programmes. BIG has said it will make an extra 650 awards, and in the ...
- Sport England November 9, 2011 Sport England Protecting Playing Fields programme – notice of forthcoming application deadline (12 December 2011)
Through its Protecting Playing Fields programme, Sport England is seeking to support projects that help communities maximise the sporting benefits of playing field land.
Grants of between £20,000 and £50,000 will be available towards:
- The purchase of land for new playing ...
- Big Lottery Fund November 9, 2011 Big Lottery Fund launches £10m “Millennium Now” programme in collaboration with Channel 4
From Third Sector Online, 1 November 2011
The Big Lottery Fund is inviting organisations to apply for a share of £10m that will be spent on five projects over a two-year period.
The Millennium Now funding programme will provide between £1.5m and £2m funding ...
- Free entry to Eden Project for all Scouts, Cubs, Beavers and their families. November 2, 2011 Eden wouldn’t be the success it is without the invaluable support of our local friends, which is why we run special offers for locals from time to time.
This winter we’d like to invite Cornwall Scouting and their families to experience our new bakery and ice rink, and to see how we’ve grown since your last ...
- Kernow Jamboree 2013 October 23, 2011 The Kernow Jamboree is returning!
Follow us on facebook:
Posts in the Category “Kernow 2013″
- National Scouting Vacancies – Project Administrator (Ref: 11/044) October 19, 2011 You will give administrative support to members of the project team, scheduling meetings, organising venues, taking minutes and producing presentations, ensuring the smooth running of the project.
More details on the Scout Association Website
- National Scouting Vacancies – Activity Administrator (Ref: 11/043) October 19, 2011 An opportunity has arisen to join the team at Gilwell Park Scout Activity Centre which is operated by The Scout Association.
More details on the Scout Association Website
- National Scouting Vacancies – Digital Communications Executive – Website Designer (Ref: 11/039) October 19, 2011 Playing a key role in our digital strategy you will be responsible for co-ordinating with the design team to build a range of user friendly and visually stunning digital resources – ranging from single static web pages and emails to larger multi-page websites…
More details on the Scout Association Website
- National Scouting Vacancies – Digital Communications Executive – Front End Website Developer (Ref 11/038) October 19, 2011 You will be a passionate and experienced HTML/CSS programmer, excited by beautiful code and new challenges…
More details on the Scout Association Website
- Live from Winter Camp 2011 October 14, 2011 We’re live at Winter Camp!
Over 200 Scouts are at the County Campsite at Nine Ashes ready for a weekend of activities and fun, as part of it we’ll be taking part in “JOTI” or “Jamboree on the Internet”, all over the world, Scouts young and old will be communicating over the Internet, making new friends ...
- National Scouting Vacancies – Regional Development Officer x2 (Ref 11/042) October 11, 2011 1 x North-West England (Isle of Man, Greater Manchester, Merseyside, Cumbria, East Lancs, West Lancs, Cheshire)
1 x South-West England (Avon, Somerset, Dorset, Wiltshire, Gloucestershire, Jersey and Guernsey, Devon and Cornwall)
More details on the Scout Association Website
- National Scouting Vacancies – Safeguarding Advisor (Ref 11/041) October 11, 2011 You will be responsible for giving support to local volunteer managers in responding to concerns or complaints affecting the safety and welfare of young people. You will also support the development and delivery of training materials, programme resources and guidance for the over 450,000 adults and young people in Scouting.
More details on the Scout Association ...
- Madagascar 2013 September 30, 2011 Madagascar 2013: The ultimate adventure for people aged 16 to 25 in Scouting. A large and ambitious expedition with the aim of providing young people in Scouting major international experiences, building strong international relationships through close cooperation and delivering credible benefit to local partners through defined project work.
The expedition is open to all young ...
- Scouting Ambassadors Return Home September 20, 2011 40,000 Young People and Leaders from around the World gathered in Rinkaby, Sweden for the 22nd World Scout Jamboree this Summer, and Cornwall was well represented! 36 Explorer Scouts and 4 leaders made up the Cornish Unit with another 8 Leaders making up the Cornish IST Team.
Its safe to say everyone had the experience of ...
- Bear in the Air September 20, 2011 The Chief Scout visited Cornwall as part of his whistle stop tour of the South West.
Hundreds of Cornish Scouters were waiting to meet him and show him around the County Camp Site at Nine Ashes.
- County Awards Ceremony 2011 September 20, 2011 Well Done to everyone who received an award at this year’s ceremony.
The event recognises achievements by Scouts, Explorers and Scout Network, with Duke of Edinburrgh and Chief Scout Awards being presented.
Photographs of the day are available thanks to Colin Wellington, County Secretary.