Sites & Activities
There are a number of scout sites located around the county, several groups have space for camping. Listed below are the larger sites that can accommodate multiple groups:
Nine Ashes Scout Activity Centre
Washaway, Bodmin, PL30 3AD
Threemilestone, Truro, TR3 6BD
Drummers Lodge Campsite
3rd Bodmin Campsite
Beacon Road, Bodmin, PL31 1AW
1st Sticker HQ
St Stephens Rd, Sticker, St. Austell
Assistant County Commissioner (Activities – Land)
(Coast/Moor/Hill/Mountain Walking, Climbing, Mountain Biking, Crating, Shooting, Caving, Archery, etc)
The Adventurous Land Activities team will provide support throughout the County in the following way:
- Have one central point of contact for all permit applications and activities advice – ACC (Activities) .
- Fully Implement the associations Adventurous Activity Permit Scheme across the County by December 2008 – Adventurous Activity Permit Scheme.
- Generate a central County Database of all Activity Permit holders to ensure leaders stay abreast of current best practice.
- Review all existing activity authorisation holders and re-issue with a relevant Permit under the new scheme.
- Build a small team of qualified Assessors who will be able to offer assessments, training and advice.
- Build a larger team of leaders with permits, who are prepared to offer support and activities across the County, especially at larger County wide events – training will be available for any interested Leaders.
- Produce a Calendar of Training and Assessment Opportunities.
- Offer a range of personal skills events to adult memebers – such as – Snowdonia trips, Dartmoor weekends covering Hillwalking, Climbing and Mountain Biking experiences – where adults can advance there personal skills or even try something new.
- Offer technical help and support to organisers of large scale events with regard to adventure activities.
- Provide support to DC’s, GSL’s and others being asked to make decisions on leaders technical competence to lead an adventure activity where a permit is not formally required – Terrain 0, Archery, Crate Stacking etc.
Assistant County Commissioner (Activities – Water)